1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
from 1337 to 1453
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
From sheep and horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
the Russian calendar was 13 days behind ours
5) What is a camel’s hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands are named after what animal?
the Latin name was Insularia Canaria – Island of the Dogs
7) What was King George VI’s first name?
when he came to the throne in 1936 he respected the wish of Queen Victoria that no future king should ever be called Albert
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) How long did the Thirty Years War last?
Thirty years, of course – from 1618 to 1648